Friday, August 19, 2011

Skirt for Hannah, Thrift Store Find



I wanted to make myself a skirt so I dug through my fabric stash and found this pretty material. I had the perfect pattern: full, elastic waist with big, pleated pockets on the side. I added peach ribbon to keep it from being too orange. I tried it on before finishing up the elastic and it was a bit too big. I always do that when I sew for myself. The pattern says I'm one size but I should always go down. 

I thought of my Sister-in-Law Hannah and hope it will fit her better then it does me! So I'll be shipping it off to Virginia soon.

I am really in need of some fabric to work with so I packed up the kids in the car and headed to the Thrift Store this morning. 

It wasn't a huge success but I did walk away with a vintage sheet that will make several pretty dresses.




I hope to find some pretty ribbon and lace to match!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Wow, I love that material, Melissa!!